Kick Off Day for Irish Arts Week, April 21
Join us for part or all of the day as we celebrate the first full day of Irish Arts Week!
Eoin McKiernan Library and CJAC Schedule for Kick Off Day
- 10:00 a.m.- 1:00 p.m. The Center for Irish Music’s Practice Fleadh. A FREE EVENT!
- 11:00-12:00 Family constellations and healing Irish immigration trauma. Katherine Curran Ph.D. examines how departed family members impact the present family soul. A FREE EVENT!
- 12:00-1:00 p.m. Fascinating Family History Stories
A panel of researchers from the Irish Genealogical Society International share family history stories. A FREE EVENT!
- 1:00-3:00 p.m. Irish on Rocket Fuel: Accelerated Irish language learning. Professor Máirtín Cóilféir teaches an innovative Irish language class. To register: email email@example.com and bring a $30 check (made out to the Irish Fair of Minnesota) or cash to the class.
- 4:00 – 5:30 p.m. Famine Ship Voices: A Dream Play. Celtic Collaborative presents an original show evoking the history and memories of the shattering Irish Famine of 1845-51. $10 per person.
- 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. Welcome Reception for Arts Week.
Justin Dolan, Vice Consul, from the Consulate General of Ireland-Chicago will be the keynote speaker, photography opening of Ireland in Black and White, and there will be music from the The Center for Irish Music! A FREE EVENT!
- 8:00 – 9:30 p.m. Céilí with Paul McCluskey and the Twin Cities Céilí band. $5 per person, $20 a family.
Full Saint Paul Irish Arts Week schedule can be found at: https://irishfair.com/3rd-annual-saint-paul-irish-arts-week